Day 21 – SEO: Citations
Welcome to Day 21! Citations Day
Similar to city specific landing pages, you’re probably wondering what citations are. Today is all about learning what citations are, how to create them and where to create them.
How To Set Up Citations
Step 1 – Create Your NAP
Decide what name address and phone number you want to use across all your citations.
Step 2 – Create Your Company Cheat Sheet
Prepare yourself by using this little cheat sheet of the most commonly asked for pieces of information.
- Your Name
- Company Name – The company’s exact name
- Email Address – Your email that will be connected to your business
- Address – The company’s exact address
- City – The company’s exact city name
- State- The state the company resides
- Zip – The zip code of the company
- Phone Number – The local phone number of the exact business location
- Company Website Landing Page – The landing page for the business
Step 3 – Set Up Dedicated Email Address
Don’t use your main email address or your personal one.
These business directory websites usually make money by trying to sell advertising services.
So you may start to get a lot of “junk” email and some solicitation phone calls. The calls will tail off within a month or two, but the emails can really fill up an inbox.
Use the email address to confirm submissions, then let it capture the sales emails so it doesn’t clog your normal inbox.
Step 4 – Create Your Citations
Review the list on the article above and start working through the list for your citations.
Day 21 Action Steps:
- Create your NAP & Company Cheat Sheet
- Pick 10 places from the above article to start your citations. Post in the Facebook group your list!
Day 22 – Google Ads: Review & Optimize Your Campaign
Day 23 – SEO: Create Your First Backlink
Day 24 – Create Your 1st Video
Day 25 – Other Lead Strategies
Day 26 – SEO: Creating Unique Content
Day 27 – Launch Your Buyer’s Site
Day 28 – Build Your Buyers List
Day 29 – Leads & Appointments
Day 30 – Preparing For Long Term Success