Day 5 – Your About Page
Welcome! Carrot is all “about” Day 5!
Now that your site is launched, its time to customize that puppy! First stop, your “About” page. Why? Because our data shows, that across all of our sites, the About Page is the #3 most visited site. Your Bio Matters!
Important Note: Out of the box, your “About” page is titled the “Our Company” page. You can change or update this to “About” or “About Us” or leave it as is.
Why Is The “About” Page So Important?
Before you read further, learn more about the most overlooked but important page on your site here.
Now you see the data behind it, let’s apply it directly to your investor business. Here’s how the typical customer searches online when looking for an agent…
- First, they search for a solution to their problem. “Sell my house in Roseburg Oregon” or “sell my house fast in Roseburg Oregon” (this is where your location page comes up, but thats for another day). They may also search keywords like “cash for home buyers Miami FL” or “selling during foreclosure in Oregon”.
- Now, they have narrowed down their search to 2-5 investors they want to work with. This is where your brand search comes into play. Now people will use keywords like “Trevor Mauch investor reviews” or “Kathryn Pierpont investor los angeles”. When they visit your site, you bet your carrot site they will reading your About Page and your Testimonials Page. Check out our training below on how to create an amazing About Page…
They don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it!
Create An Amazing “About” Page
The first step in creating a great bio is to make sure you incorporate your mission & values that we worked on Day 4 last week! Reference your Carrot Authority Builder! We cannot understate the importance of this step! In addition, you need to write a Great Bio. Read through both of our trainings below to learn how!
Edit Your Page
Day 5 Action Items:
- Watch Simon Sinek’s TED talk video above.
- Add your missions/values onto your “About” page.
- Add your company photos/bios/headshots/family photos to your “About” page.
- Link up your About Page in the Facebook group for feedback!
Day 6 – Testimonials & Building Credibility
Day 7 – Localizing & Standing Out
Day 8 – Tweaking Content & Editing The Site
Day 9 – 3rd Party Integration & Domain Setup
Day 10 – Using Our Content Packs
Day 11 – Personalize Confirmation Emails & Test Forms
Day 12 – Create Google Business Profile
Day 13 – Get Social! Connecting Your Accounts
Day 14 – Set Up Google Search Console
Day 15 – Create Your First Craigslist Post
Day 16 – Facebook Retargeting Pixel
Day 17 – Cost Per Lead & Google Ads Basics
Day 18 – Google Ads: Your 1st Campaign
Day 19 – SEO: How It Works
Day 20 – SEO: Location Specific Pages
Day 21 – SEO: Citations
Day 22 – Google Ads: Review & Optimize Your Campaign
Day 23 – SEO: Create Your First Backlink
Day 24 – Create Your 1st Video
Day 25 – Other Lead Strategies
Day 26 – SEO: Creating Unique Content
Day 27 – Launch Your Buyer’s Site
Day 28 – Build Your Buyers List
Day 29 – Leads & Appointments
Day 30 – Preparing For Long Term Success