So, you’ve figured out what niche you’re going to own and be the expert of… Now what?
You may know that you’re the expert of your niche, but now you have to prove that to your clientele.
To do that, you have to build your website to reflect your expertise!
It’s OK if you don’t know where to begin. You’re in the right place to figure that out. This section of the guide is going to walk you through how to showcase your expertise (and build SEO) on your site using content marketing. Let’s dive in!
What Content Do I Need?
We’ve done a ton of research here at Carrot on what best converts visitors to leads. So far, this guide has been fairly abstract. There’s been a lot of thought around process. This is where the guide becomes a bit less abstract and a little more concrete. We’re going to tell you here and now exactly what sort of content you should be creating on your site to get the most bang for your buck.
About Us Video
Did you know that the “About Us” page is typically the 2nd most visited page on your site? Because of this (among other reasons) it’s important you have an about us page that introduces yourself and shows what your values are. This should end up being a quick 3-5 minute video that shows potential clients what you’re all about!
Now that you’ve figured out what your niches are, you’ll want to create some content that supports those niches. This content is best created in the form of videos. If you’re struggling to come up with some content here, ask yourself what the top questions clients in your niche might have and create video content answering those questions!
There are a few reasons why you’ll want to have these videos.
- The most important reason for these videos is your email nurture sequence (there’s a whole section on this later in the guide). These will be great for followup because they help prove your expertise and make you more credible. They also provide tons of value to your potential clients, which is insanely necessary when crafting a nurture sequence.
- You can use these videos for Facebook retargeting. If you know much about Facebook ads, you’ll know about its retargeting capabilities. Use these videos to build an audience of people who interact with your videos, and then target that audience with your ad campaigns!
- In some cases, you’ll also be able to turn these videos into VideoPosts to keep content fresh on your site. Not every video is going to be a good topic for a VideoPost on your blog, but if you feel like the video is relevant to a keyword phrase you’re trying to rank for and has content that’s relevant to that keyword phrase, then turn it into a VideoPost as well!
This is going to be the bulk of where you show off your expertise on the varying neighborhoods, cities, and niches that you serve. If you look at our Carrot member agent sites, you’ll see that the vast majority of them showcase the different locations and cities where they buy and sell, as well as the specific niches they serve (like waterfront properties and things like that).
Our location pages feature (found at www.yourdomainhere.com/locations) are organized in such a way that all you have to do is add a few pieces of content (or pay someone to add that content using our Agent Pro Bundle here) to convince anyone who lands on your site that you know the inner workings of your market to the extent that you’ll be able to help them with any question they have.
Using our location pages in the correct way is a fantastic way to provide value with your IDX, plus it shows that you’re the better agent to work with, and you always want to be the better agent.
And that’s not even covering the numerous SEO benefits of having location pages. Google LOVES fresh and relevant content and that’s exactly what will be on your location pages if you follow this guide. After all, who doesn’t want to be the first site that comes up when someone searches “homes for sale in (insert name of that desirable neighborhood everyone in your city wants to move to)”?
How do you further showcase your expertise while also building your SEO? By keeping content on your site fresh and relevant. What’s a great way of doing that? Using our VideoPost feature.
It’s pretty easy (and highly recommended) that you regularly take videos of yourself while doing your job. If you’ve just helped a family buy a house on a river, whip out your phone and take a video with the topic of “Did you just buy a house on a river? It’s time to consider flood insurance” or something along those lines. Is your niche serving families in a particular neighboorhood? Take a video on the 5 best places to eat within 5 miles.
Taking short videos is a great way to show you know your stuff for whatever niche you happen to be serving. After those are created, you’ll want to utilize them to build your SEO as well as your expertise.
Enter the VideoPost feature.
Our VideoPost feature takes that video you just recorded and creates a blog post with that video and a fully editable transcription below. This does a couple of things:
- It shows you know your stuff when talking about the niche that you own.
- It boosts your SEO (considerably I might add) by keeping relevant content (in the form of your transcription) on the page.
It’s hard to beat 2 birds with one stone.
Tying It All Together
So, we’ve explained the types of content you need, but you still have no idea how often or how many pieces of content you need to create. Enter the authority builder…
This will give you a better idea of what and when you need to publish content to your site! Here’s a quick walkthrough from bottom to top.
- Start by creating a video outlining your missions/values and putting it on your “About Us” page. Because getting listings is done through credibility building, this is absolutely necessary. Check out our about page here for inspiration 🙂
- Create at least 5 niche videos for each niche you’ve decided you want to serve. Hold on to these videos for your nurture sequence later on.
- Build out your location pages. the pyramid suggests 5-10+ location pages which should be no problem! Remember to follow the guide we listed above to create effective location pages!
- These are going to be your VideoPosts. We kept it vague because there are so many things VideoPosts can be about! Do these 1-2 times a week.
A Little Bonus…
To further explain our Authority Builder framework, we put together a handy little PDF for you! You can view our Authority builder PDF here! It’s a really clean, really simple way of walking you through knowing what content you should be creating. Just click on the image below to access it!
Hopefully, by this point, you understand the necessity of content marketing and the role it plays in boosting your SEO and proving your expertise. We recommend stopping here until you’ve taken the steps above to get some location pages and at least 1 VideoPost on your blog.
In the next section, we’re going to talk about marketing your site outside of content marketing to start pulling in leads ASAP. We’ll dive into some Landing Page campaigns you can start and talk which marketing plan may fit for you depending on your budget and time constraints.
See ya in the next chapter!