In this tutorial, we’re going to show you how to edit the bulk of the content on your site. This is really important. You will update the template from being duplicate content and you’ll write your voice and personality onto the site – making it more relatable and personalized with how you communicate.
Of course, editing pages is something you’ll want to know how to do. Some of the benefits of being able to edit pages are:
- Boosting conversion rates by being able to tailor your content to people visiting your site
- Being able to include keyword phrases you’re trying to rank for to boost your SEO
- Having control over what your site says
Step 1: Go the Content Section of your Site
Log in to your account and click the pencil icon on the same line as the site you want to edit.
Step 2: Open the “Pages” Tab on your Dashboard
To begin editing pages, click the “Pages” tab on the left menu.
Step 3: Click on an Existing Page to Edit or Add New
Step 4: Adding and Editing Content
You will have arrived on a page to add or edit information. This is the place you will add and update content so the information on this page is indicative of you and your business. There are three sections to every page:
- The Hero Section is a banner-like section at the top of your page. It is what you see on the home page and you will have the same layout as your homepage when you activate this section. You can add a form, call to action content, and a background image to add some pizzazz to your company page.
- The Credibility Bar is a small bar placed directly between the hero section and the main content. It can include an image, testimonials, or custom content. It is best used for items such as a BBB logo, Equal Housing Opportunity logo, and other concise items that build the legitimacy of your business.
- The main content is the section that our site has completed on existing pages by default. We only have the hero section or the credibility bar activated on this page. This is the area you will work in the most.
Most of your content changes will happen within the main content editor. This editor is designed to work similarly to how your word processor or email program works, and you will see similarities in the toolbar for styling paragraphs and setting text appearance. Add your company’s information so the pages on your site represent you, your company, and how it aligns with your visitors’ goals. Once completed, hit the update button and you are finished.
*You might be wondering how to update the very top part of your home page. That section is called the hero section and can be edited from the separate content editor at the very top of the homepage.