This tutorial will guide you on how to properly connect your GoDaddy domain to your Carrot site. Follow the steps below! Want us to do it for you? Please scroll to the end of this tutorial and complete the form to get started.
*If you have a custom email, this process will likely disconnect the email. Please be sure to check with your registrar to ensure it continues to work after this update.
Step 1: Log in to your GoDaddy Account
Step 2: Navigate to Your Domain’s DNS Settings
- In the top right corner of your GoDaddy account, you should see your name or username. Click this then choose “My Products” from the options that appear in the dropdown menu:
- On this page. you will see a list of any domains you have purchased through GoDaddy. Click “DNS” on the one you would like to connect to your Carrot site:
Step 3: Add a CNAME Record
*You may find your registrar’s support team asking for an “IP Address” to attach the domain name. We use a CNAME record at Carrot. To ensure domain names always work, please use a CNAME to attach the domain to your site.
- The DNS Settings page for your chosen domain should look something like this:
- From here, look for any CNAME records that have “www” in the Name column. If one if found click the pencil icon to edit it:
- Edit the Data column to say “carrot.com”, then click the Save button:
Step 4: Add a Forward
- Scroll down a bit to the area labeled “Forwarding” – Click the first “Add Forwarding” button and enter “www.yourdomain.com” into the field shown below. Click the Save button:
Getting the error “We can’t display your DNS information because your nameservers aren’t managed by us”?
Change your nameservers back to Default.
Now we are done with GoDaddy! Time to head over to your Carrot site!
- Sign into your Carrot Account page and underneath the site that you’d like to attach this new domain, click “add a custom domain.”
- Enter your domain name into the field under Step #1, then hit “Save Custom Domain” to save changes.
That’s it! Give it a few minutes for the changes to update.
That’s it! Give it a few for the changes to update. If you have any trouble at all, hit up support via email or live chat for guidance. We will also gladly do it for ya if you provide Support with your Godaddy login info.
Want us to do it for you?
We’re ready to support you any time
right here in your browser:
Unable to start a chat? Uh oh, send us an email here instead.