This tutorial will demonstrate how to connect your Hover domain to your Carrot Site.
Want us to do it for you? Please scroll to the end of this tutorial and complete the provided form to get started.
*You may find your registrar’s support team asking for an “IP Address” to attach the domain name. We use a CNAME record, instead, to attach domain names. To ensure domain names always work, please use a CNAME to attach the domain to your site. As shown in this tutorial.
*If you have a custom email, this process will likely disconnect the email. Please be sure to check with your registrar to ensure it continues to work after this update.
Step 1: Log into your Hover Account
Step 2: Navigate to your Control Panel and Click on the “DNS” Tab
- Click on “Your Account” in the top right corner. From the drop-down menu, click on “Control Panel“.
- From here, you will see the domain name(s) that you have purchased through Hover. Click on the tab labeled “DNS“:
Step 3: Add a CNAME Record
- Click on the green “Add A Record” button. Then, select “CNAME” from the drop-down menu demonstrated below:
- After selecting “CNAME” – type “www” into the HostName field and “carrot.com” into the Target Name field. Click “Add Record” to save your work. Demonstrated below:
Step 4: Add Forwarding
- From this screen – click on the “Forwards” tab demonstrated below:
- Confirm that you would like to create a Forward:
- Select the first option available from the drop-down menu.
This should display your basic domain name with nothing added.
- Type your domain name with “www” in front of it into the “Forwarding To” area.
This is the trickiest part of the whole process! Not too bad, eh? 🙂
Example: If your domain is “housebuyer.com” – type “www.housebuyer.com” into this area.
Final Step: If you Haven’t, Let’s Insert the Domain into Your Carrot Site
- Log into your Carrot Account page and click the green button to Insert your custom domain.
- Enter your domain name into Step #1, then hit “Save Custom Domain” to save your changes.
That’s it! Give it a few for all the changes we’ve made to take place. If you have any trouble at all, hit up support via email at Support@carrot.comor or send a message through Live Chat for further guidance. We will also gladly do it for you if you provide Support with your Hover login info down below:
Want us to do it for you?
We’re ready to support you any time
right here in your browser:
Unable to start a chat? Uh oh, send us an email here instead.