*If you have a custom email, this process will likely disconnect the email. Please be sure to check with your registrar to ensure it continues to work after this update.
The following is done within Name.com:
- Log in to your Name.com account and click My Account at the top.
- Click my domains in green, on the left.
- Click on the domain name you wish to create a CName record for.
- Click DNS Records on the left.
- Here you will create the cname record:
- Change the drop-down menu Type to CName, set the Host field to www, and then enter carrot.com into the answer field. Then click the blue Add Record button.
Once the records are created, the domain should be pointing to the web server within 24 hours.
If you have trouble configuring your CName records, we can add them for you. Please enter details in the form below to get started.
To redirect your base domain, follow the guide here.
Add a forward on the domain, that goes to the domain with www. in front ie. http://www.myexamplesite.com
Enter these options: