This tutorial will walk you through how to connect Search Console to Carrot. Verifying your site(s) with Google helps your SEO as well as builds your digital footprint to get you more visibility. It is a powerful tool for your site and helps you gauge how it performs on Google’s search results.
Step 1: Sign Into Your Search Console Account:
Step 2: Add Your Domain to Search Console:
- Connect your Carrot site to your Google Search Console account by inserting the Carrot site’s domain/url into the URL Prefix field and clicking “Continue”. Your domain should be added in the following format: https://www.yourdomainhere.com/
🚨 Please make sure www is included in your domain when adding it to the search console. It will throw errors your way if you do not add the www. 🚨
Step 3: Verify Site Ownership:
- You will be asked to verify to Google that you own this domain. There are a few ways you can verify that you own the website – We’ll be using the HTML Tag option! From the presented options, choose to verify your ownership via HTML Tag.
- Click the “COPY” button for the google-site-verification section. We’ll take this code and paste it into your Carrot site.
Step 4: Paste the Metatag on Your Site:
- Once you’ve copied the HTML Tag from Google. Head over to your Carrot site’s Dashboard.
- From the Dashboard, navigate to Content > SEO > SEO Settings – Scroll down to the module labeled “Webmaster Meta Settings” and paste the HTML Tag into the Google Search Console Verification Code field.
For you visual learners, here’s a GIF to help you find the correct area!
Step 5: Verify in Google Search Console:
- Head back to your Google Search Console tab and click the Verify button.
- You will see the screen below if it is setup correctly. Once you have verified the code correctly you will be able to see your site when you log in to Google Search Console.