The Visual Editor is an amazing tool filled with a lot of handy blocks that allow you to build and differentiate your pages in countless ways. With all of the choices, you can make your site look however you want it to. However, we realize the endless possibilities aren’t always the clearest, especially since there’s no one “right” way to do things.
It’s why Block Patterns exist on your site. Patterns are accessible on your pages and were designed to make adding images, forms, and content to a page faster and easier. They deliver content and media arrangements with a single click, instead of adding and building sections block-by-block. You’d just need to switch out the pre-existing information with your details.
These include, but are not limited to:
- 3 Steps – This pattern is great for listing steps of your business, areas of your business, et cetera. We insert “Contact Us,” “Get Your Offer,” and “Get Paid” but default.
- Editorial – An editorial pattern is similar to a newspaper column, with one image on the left and text on the right. The image and text can not wrap around the other
- Info Left + Form Right – Similar to the editorial pattern, this pattern has text on the left and a form on the right. They can not wrap around the other
- Image and Text with Button – This is an editorial pattern with a button mixed in with text on the right. The image and text can not wrap around the other
- How it Works – This block provides a default 4-step process for a purchase process from listing to sold.
- Full Page Hero with Form – This pattern enables you to add a hero section to any page or post on your site.
- Two Buttons – Add two centered buttons anywhere on your page (such as “list my house” and “buy a house”)
- Cards in Two Columns – This is two columns, both of which have a large card/background at the top of the column
- Cards in Three Columns – This is three columns, both of which have a large card/background at the top of the column
How can I access Block Patterns?
Block Patterns are available on each page’s edit screen. By default, the Block Patterns are available when you click the plus “+” icon to add a new block to the page. You can find the plus, “+” icon on the top left of your page.
If you do not see the plus icon
Using Block Patterns
To use Block Patterns, you can add it to a specific location on the page or click the pattern and it will insert at the end of the page.
If you want to add the pattern at a specific location, click the area of the page you want the pattern to be. Once your pointer has selected the location, click the pattern you want to be inserted there.
Editing Block Patterns
Once you have your Block Pattern on the page, you can start editing the placeholder details by clicking the image or content. You can then delete the information or build upon the information, removing anything you don’t need along the way.
How can I add more cards to my pattern?
Cards are column blocks that have been arranged to display those details. You will be able to increase the columns by clicking the overall column block, then choosing to increase the column to your preferred amount. We recommend sticking under 5 columns to keep items readable. Once you have increased the column count, you can duplicate the items in the previous column and move them to the new columns. This will carry over the pattern formatting.
How can I edit the colors of my Block Patterns?
We are continuing to make updates and adjustments to edit colors more. At this time, editing content is seamless. The best way to create a custom pattern with the colors you want is to build the pattern from scratch. If that doesn’t work for you, please reach out to our support team.