Carrot is a lead-generation platform and your site’s forms are the bulk of the reason you get leads. Though we have done as much as we can to make those useable for you, we know there are many reasons you’ll want to update your forms or add a new form. And you should! This tutorial is meant to help you update and add forms to help you collect all the information (within the terms and conditions) that you need. Let’s dive in!
Step 1: Create a New Form
Click the “Add New” button to add a new form to your site. You can also click a form’s title to edit it, rather than adding a new form. You can access your forms by going to your site’s “Content” from your account dashboard, then click on “Forms” on the left.
Step 2: Personalize Your Form
Your site’s home page should have no more than 3 fields (or areas) on your form. Any more than this and your conversions decrease up to 10% per extra field. For example, if you have a first name, last name, phone, email, and address, then you have 5 fields on your form, which could decrease conversions by 20%. To keep the most optimal conversion rates, 3 fields on the home page is best. From there, feel free to play with the field numbers on other forms 🙂
Click items on the right and drag them over to the middle of the screen to drop them in place where you want them on the form. You have the following options for field types: Standard Fields, Advanced fields, Post Fields, and Pricing Fields. We’ll dive into the most popular options for each field type below.
- Single Line Text is a single line
- Paragraph Text is a larger, comment-style box
- Drop-Down allows you to add items in a drop-down style list that opens when clicked
- Multi Select is a checkbox list and can have more than one choice selected
- Number is a single line text that only accepts numerical values
- Checkboxes is a checkbox list accepting one choice only
- Radio buttons are circular-choice boxes to choose one option
- Name adds a first and last name box to your form
- Phone adds a box that formats the content as a phone number
- Address allows you to add a auto-complete addresses from Google’s Map feature
- Email formats and accepts valid emails only
- File Upload allows a person returning the form to upload a file, such as an application
- Captcha is a security feature that makes someone verify they are not a robot
Step 3: Use Your New Form
Now when you return to your Page/Post/Landing Page editor you will be able to insert that form or select it for your page’s hero form.