- What You’ll Need
- The Tutorial
- Learn More
- Create a Google Analytics account
- Find your analytics UA code
- Getting Started With Google Analytics
This tutorial will show you how add your google analytics tracking code to your Carrot site.
There are a few reason this is important for your site and your business.
- Google analytics collects a massive amount of data you can use to gain insight into your visitors and their behavior. Carrot collects a lot of the basic information on your traffic visitors already, but Google Analytics can expand on that data.
- More credibility in Google’s eyes from an SEO perspective.
What you’ll need:
You’ll need to have your google analytics UA-XXXXXXX code from your analytics account.
If you need additional information on finding your UA code and creating an account, drop down to the learn more section.
Step 1: Go to your site “Dashboard”.
Step 2: Click on the “Settings”.
Step 3: Click on the “Analytics & Scripts” tab.
Step 4: Paste your Google Analytics tracking ID in the the field.
Step 5: Press save!
Create an account.
If you haven’t created a Google Analytics account, simply create an account here.
Find your UA-XXXXXXX code in Google Analytics
Step 1: Click the All Accounts button at the top of the page.
Step 2: Copy the UA code associated with your Property (site)
Getting Started With Google Analytics
If you really want to dig in and take advantage of Google Analytics and learn what it can do for you. Here is a great course that shows you the basics of using Google Analytics