Content Pro and Advanced Marketer members have access to the Automated Content Library, which is a collection of pre-written articles our copywriters craft and optimize based on the types of leads you want to find. Each month, there are 24 articles produced (12 for Content Pro and Advanced Marketer members and 12 more for Advanced Marketers only). Articles are then bundled into easy-to-schedule packets of 4 articles, with 3 lead types target to make up the 12 articles. This is perfect to schedule a weekly article.
This tutorial will walk you through how you can add these content packs to your site, which will also help you improve your SEO. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Access the Content Library
Go to your account page at app.carrot.com/account and click on the “Schedule” link located below your posts, or click “Content Marketing” on the top right to be directed to the Content Pro tool. You can also access it directly at content.carrot.com
Step 2: Choose your Focus
Step 3: Choose Your Lead Type
Step 4: Choose your Content Pack
Each pack has an arrangement of different articles. Some pertain to foreclosure. Some for probate only. Choose a pack that represents your business and services. You can always view the articles prior to publishing them by clicking the links to preview them. Each pack has a different number of articles (or blog posts) that will be scheduled for your site.
* If you are on the Advanced Marketer plan, your exclusive content packs are noted in the first sentence of the pack’s description.
Step 5: Schedule Your Content
Once you have found the content you want to add to your site, it’s time to put it on your blog page. Click the link and it will take you to a screen that will allow you to schedule your pack.
- Choose the site you want to add the articles to
- Choose the timeframe to schedule the articles (we recommend 1xweek)
- Choose the first date to publish the first article
- Hit “Add Content Pack”
* If It’s Green, You’re Done 🙂
You should see a page with green boxes around the articles that have been published to your site. If you see orange boxes, then the articles were not published to your site because they have been previously added and we do not allow duplicate content to be posted because it would hurt your rankings.
Getting the most from your Content Packs
We suggest scheduling up 1 – 2 blog posts per week and publishing them on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday (the days our data shows the most people visit our customers’ websites). You can log in monthly and schedule up all of your content in less than 5 minutes.
There are several points of value for the automated content packs.
- First, they’re perfect for having consistent high-value “localized” content to share on social media. This can even be done without any modifications to the posts.
- Second, if the posts are modified, they can be a great google ranking tool as well! Third, even if they’re not modified, they can be a great google ranking tool as well!
- Third, even if they’re not modified, when website visitors land on your site, seeing actively updated content builds trust and credibility.
Tips to making the most of your Content Packs:
- Share content packs on Facebook, IG, and LinkedIn. Content packs can be easily shared to social media to keep fresh and authoritative content in front of your audience. When a prospect lands on a FB business page that hasn’t had any updates for months (or years) it lowers the credibility of your page. So use this feature to keep your social profiles active and fresh and driving people back to your Authority Hub.
- Wanting to make them rank well in Google? Great! Our team does the research, writing, and optimization of each article, and to make them stand out so they’re seen as unique and valuable in Google’s eyes, we suggest going through and modifying the blog posts 30-50%. This could be adding 100-200 words to make the blog posts even more robust and unique. Adjusting the headings and re-writing half of the paragraphs with your own words is another great strategy to leverage our content packs. Rather than the 60-80 mins to research and write from scratch a robust article, spend 10-15 mins per article rewriting some of the content in your own words and/or adding 100-200 words. Now, many clients have Carrot automated content packs that are ranking high in Google and have for years with no customization. We’ve found Google does reward the first one they index in a market as “unique content” and can rank really well. To ensure yours gets indexed and a high change of ranking, take our advice above to personalize them.
- More Is Not Better. If two content packs a week is good, 10 a day is better, right? Not necessarily. If the content was 100% unique and quality/robust content around your topic of real estate in your area… then YES more can be better. But if having your posts rank well in Google is a primary goal for you with your automated content packs, only schedule the volume of packs that you have the time/resources to customize the way I teach above. Scheduling up 10 per day that is all 95% the same as the stock article will likely just result in Google seeing them as duplicate content and not rewarding you with high rankings on those articles. The 10-15 mins per article (you can hire it out to a VA on upwork.com OR use an AI writing tool like Conversion.ai to re-write parts of the content for you for a fraction of the cost and time of fully unique articles.
IMPORTANT TIP: From time to time Carrot members will reach out asking “why are my blog posts not indexed by Google?”. And the issue tends to be that they either didn’t personalize the articles at all OR not enough. Usually, a customer may update just the headings and a few words here or there but the article is still 98% the same as the stock article. So to have Google fully index your automated articles, personalize them the way we dive into above.